Background of the Project
In it’s riverside setting, Ingleton’s open-air 20m heated swimming pool is an idyllic place to swim. The pool is managed by the local community. It was dug out and built by local volunteers in 1933. It took a year to complete, opening in July 1934 and was originally filled from the river every week.
A major modernisation was carried out in 1974 when the pool was reduced in size, tiled, heated and the water treated for the first time. Since then many other improvements have been made.
The Toddlers shallow play pool was lost in the 1974 modernization. We believe it will be fantastic to provide a Splash Zone with a learning and countryside theme to attract and entertain younger children and their families within Ingleton and surrounding areas (the nearest splash park is currently 22 miles (40 mins drive) from Ingleton.